Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enviromental Health & Safety Eng.
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements concerning Occupational Health and Safety, with respect to Environmental Protection and the protection of property and information (safety). He plays the benchmark role in these fields and is the special contact of the site manager or the business managers present on the site. He coordinates prevention in these areas, monitors performance, and proposes and deploys continuous improvement actions. He represents the delegate of authority in these areas.
1- Defines hygiene, health, safety and working condition requirements as well as the environment and safety, and coordinates actions that guarantee that the set progress objectives are achieved. He drives and manages the supervision of activities on the site with a constant care for prevention, by providing technical, methodological support, and regulatory intelligence. He takes part in and contributes to projects carried out by the activities in his business field.
2. Manages the analysis and assessment of security, environmental and safety risks of the activities carried out on the site by monitoring the prevention solutions, tools and techniques to implement. Advises and assists the Site Manager and activity leaders in applying the Group's Health, Safety and Environmental policies on the site.
3. Creates dynamic activities and communication on the themes of occupational safety and health (in coordination with the occupational health department), environment and safety.
4. Deploys and maintains certifications such as ISO14001 and ISO18001 and guarantees that sites comply with legal requirements as well as internal policies and guidelines. He is the company's contact with audit bodies such as the AFAQ. In certain cases, he runs and supervises safety and environmental management systems across several sites.
5. He establishes and leads security, environmental and safety action plans, by measuring performances and by ensuring that the objectives defined are met.
6. He performs or asks someone to perform, safety, environmental and security audits relating to the activities carried out and their risks. When deviations are identified, he proposes and follows the development of progress actions.
7. He establishes statistics on occupational accidents, analyses the causes of incidents and accidents that have occurred, develops and performs the annual review of health, security and working conditions as well as the annual programme of prevention of risks and improvement of working conditions. He attends Work Health and Safety Committee meetings as a permanent member.
5 years' experience in related areas
Proficient in English