San Ysidro Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Access Representative
at San Ysidro Health Center
Patient Access Representative
Chula Vista Medical Plaza (CVMP)
Answer telephones, greets, assists and directs visitors, patients and other clinic office callers. Guides, screens and registers new patients. Assists patients in obtaining services and provides information on funding eligibility and inquiries related to patient access processes, policies, and/or other related information; researches and resolves customer problems. Performs clerical duties to support the daily business activities of the location.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assembles all data and documents required for complete patient registration,including, insurance verifications and authorizations.
- Enters all patient demographic information into NextGen system.
- Assesses patient financial responsibility and collects co-pays and deductibles at time of check-in.
- Obtains and documents funding information from patients and provides information on available funding resources.
- Uses payer resources (RTS) and websites to explore and access eligibility; initiates referrals for varies insurance such as Medi-Cal, Medicare, Manage Care, Commercial, etc. administers and determines patient eligibility for Sliding Fee Discounts Program.
- Works in collaboration with all areas of patient inquire to identify and resolve issues and/or barriers.
- Enters a variety of fiscally related information into databases; maintains fiscal records and files.
- Responds to requests for information and inquiries related to patient access processes, policies, and/or other related information; researches and resolves customer problems.
- Recognizes need for immediate and urgent services.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to visitors and patients.
- Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- CA Driver’s License preferred.
- Medical Assistant
- Certification preferred.
- One-year of customer service experience required.
- Previous experience in a Medical setting preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) required; must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Must have verbal ability for accurate and tactful explanation.
- Multi-extension phones; CRT/PC, and other office machines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- May be required to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Mostly sitting position.
- May be required to travel to other sites.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.