San Ysidro Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PACE - Registered Nurse ( Geriatric)
at San Ysidro Health Center
PACE - Registered Nurse ( Geriatric)
San Diego PACE (PACE)
Full time - Regular
Has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient’s overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills.
- Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services. . Initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems.
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted government/regulatory agencies.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, bilingual (Spanish/English).
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required:
- RN currently licensed in California; presents credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for RN.
- Has practiced nursing in the last 3 years
- 3 years RN experience with at least 12 months experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Preferred:Knowledge and or experience working in senior or elder care setting - PACE, Nursing Home, Hospice, ADHC.
- Nursing competency and familiarity with care paths, interact tools commonly used in skilled nursing home settings.
- Must be able to triage clinical symptoms, apply care paths and clinical interactive tools in patient evaluation and care prior to communications with physicians.
- Must be comfortable starting IV lines, IV medication administration and monitoring.
- Must be comfortable with acute care of frail adults, complex wound care, and cognitively impaired.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients, must thrive in team environment, must possess good organizational and supervisory skills, ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by SYHC PACE and approved by CMS.