San Ysidro Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Coordinator
at San Ysidro Health Center
Home Health Coordinator
San Diego PACE (PACE)
Full time - Regular
Under the direct supervision of the RN Supervisor, the HHC/RN is responsible for the development and implementation of homecare services for program participants, including the coordination of all Durable Medical Equipment and nursing home care as well as provide RN coverage in the PACE Clinic.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care. Initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled IDT team meeting. Communicates participant changes with team members
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery and the implementation of all home care services which include nursing, PT, OT, ST and personal care services to ensure that quality services are provided to meet participant needs.
- Coordinates and authorizes all Durable Medical Equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises all nursing care for participants in the nursing home/boarding home according to program standards. Includes interaction with other facility staff.
- Human resource management of HCT staff in conjunction with RN Supervisor and Center Manager. Performs evaluations of HCT's (as applicable).
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- Communicates and interacts with patient caregivers and/or family members as needed.
- Provides RN clinical coverage in the PACE clinic at least once a week or as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows established departmental and position specific policies and procedures and updates as needed.
- Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted government/regulatory agencies.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Current CA RN License. Valid CA driver license and reliable transportation.
- Preferred:Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Required: At least 1 year as an RN, preferably in either home or community health. At least 1 year experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Preferred: Supervisory experience desired. Experience in and/or knowledge of Adult Day Health Center or PACE is desirable.
Verbal and Written Skills to Perform the Job:
- Excellent fluent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must be able to treat geriatric patients. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies established by San Diego PACE and approved by CMS before working independently.
- Personal Computer
- Physical clearance for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling and grasping; have full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs; need to lift and transfer participants; T.B. clearance; must maintain current First Aid and CPR.
- Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact