San Diego State University Research Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Code 40 Logistics and Fleet Support project (40-8001)
at San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Req No.
- Dept/Proj Name
- Close Date
This Statement of Work covers the need for the services of college students to provide technical and analytical supp01i in the fields of computer science, information systems, electrical/software engineering, and statistics for the Logistics and Fleet Support Department. The purpose of this task is to improve operational procedures, develop meaningful database tools and automation in support of the Logistics and Fleet Support project.
- Reviewing and analyzing specific Fleet Support Department service desk data and generate statistical trends and potential areas of problems as as suggesting potential area of improvements in reliability and maintainability. Recommend potential key metrics and measures to capture overall trends in feasibility studies.
- Reviewing and documenting current operational procedures of the Fleet Support Departments-is processes and procedures using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and other diagrams such as cross-functional flow diagram, and work-flow Support Department Staff in preparing high-level presentations, graphics trending and visualization.
- Designing Visualizing database tools to display data in meaningful dashboard for users to drill down to the detailed levels using tools similar to Microsoft Access or XML web presentation
- Preparing 3D engineering drawings and schematics using one of the 3D design tools, such as SOLIDWORKS. Perform market research on current and future additive manufacturing and 3D printing techniques in support of reverse engineering and limited manufacturing.
- Performing basic electrical/software engineering designs under the technical' direction of the senior engineer to solve automation and predictive maintenance to support C4ISR product
- Undergraduate Level 3 (Must have course work in the discipline requested on the task order Statement of Work. The student must be at the Senior level and have experience in 100% of the task requirements and be able to accomplish 90% of the work independently.): Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Software Engineering, and Statistics majors (Senior)
Additional Qualifications desired:
- Advanced presentation and multi-media
- Advanced Technical writing
- Intermediate S
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced or Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Advanced or Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Advanced or Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Advanced or Intermediate SQL
- Advanced or Intermediate Python
- Advanced or Intermediate R
- Advance or Intermediate Tableau
This position will require the employee to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Due to the regulations established by the Department of Defense, only US Citizens may qualify
This is a student position and is limited to working 20 hours per week
This position will remain open until filled
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer