San Diego State University Research Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ALI - ESL Facilitator I Pool
at San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Req No.
- Dept/Proj Name
- American Language Institute (ALI)
The College of Extended Studies, American Language Institute (ALI) provides English language training to international students. Many of these students are preparing to matriculate to American universities, including SDSU. The ALI currently employs approximately 18 instructors and 9 support staff, and serves approximately 1,600 students per year.
Facilitators assist teachers with modeling English language and pronunciation. Facilitators also monitor and work with pairs and groups. The goal of using a facilitator is to enrich the learning experience of international students by providing more interaction with someone who is proficient with the English language.
Minimum Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply elementary methods and procedures;
- Ability to follow oral and or written directions, read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position; and
- Working knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation for use in simple sentence structure.
- Prefer experience with international students
- SDSU's Linguistics MA or TEFL/TESL Certificate in progress or completed.
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Offer of employment is contingent upon sucessful completion of a Livescan Fingerprint clearance
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation