San Diego Blood Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Technician III- Components Production
at San Diego Blood Bank
- 25-Feb-2020 to 25-Apr-2020 (PST)
- Components Laboratory
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Performs essential laboratory responsibilities according to established procedures. Assists in training new personnel and other staff members. Supports the SDBB safety, GMP and Quality Plan. Adheres to GMP guidelines. Assists in the care, maintenance and quality control of equipment and supplies. Maintains department records, reports and statistical data as required. Assists in laboratory quality and variance programs. Participates in department meetings and educational programs.
- Normal laboratory environment with biohazard precautions.
- May be exposed to blood or bodily fluids that may be capable of transmitting diseases.
- May be exposed to chemicals that may be hazardous.
- May be called on to work or attend meetings at other than routinely scheduled hours.
- Must be able to stand long hours.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- General Laboratory equipment (examples include but are not limited to: centrifuges, heat sealer, sterile docking device, refrigerators/freezers, sterile hood, cell counter, etc.)
- Blood Bank computer system
- Personal computer
Lab Tech III Bachelor's degree (BS) required
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Decision making skills.
- Interests in medical field or life sciences
- Professional communication both written and oral, which is clear and precise.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized and display good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent work.
- Integrity and discretion - ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work under stressful situations.
- Team orientation.
- Teaching and training abilities.
Component Production Laboratory Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare blood components and in-vitro products following current procedures and guidelines.
(RBC, RBC-Washed, RBC-Frozen Deglycerolized, RBC- Leukocytes Reduced, FFP, Cryoprecipitate, Recovered Plasma)
- Label blood components after modification
- Irradiate blood components
- Record final disposition of blood components
- Freeze and thaw rare and/or autologous blood
- Pack Plasma products for shipping
- Sample management - Prepares sample tubes for shipment to testing facility
- Receive / Review, Upload and Commit test results
- Label and release blood components
- Oversees quarantine / disposition process
- Assist with validations and new process development
- Requisition laboratory supplies and maintain inventories as directed
- Help maintain adequate component inventories
- Receive phone calls and emails, and take orders accurately, courteously and professionally
- Investigate, review and troubleshoot problems
Schedule: Full Time- Second shift with rotating weekends
The San Diego Blood Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.