San Diego Blood Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at San Diego Blood Bank
- 11-Feb-2020 to 11-Apr-2020 (PST)
- Mobile Operations
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Ensures the safety, potency and purity of all products collected, by making certain that all work completed is in full compliance with departmental and organizational policies. In accordance with organizations Standards of Excellence, WE CARE principles, performs assigned duties at sites to meet the high standards of the organization. Assists with the rescheduling and retention of donors, through outstanding customer service and care. Ensures the confidentiality of all work related information concerning a donor, patient, research participant, the organization, other employees and volunteers.
- Consistently ensures all quality and safety standards are met.
- Actively discusses with management any ideas which may promote the development and well-being of the organization.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, is responsible for:
- Donor safety and the safety, potency and purity of all products collected.
- Adverse reactions / complications, for those procedures in which trained and assisting with the management and documentation of such events, as directed and within sphere of competence. Activating the EMS system as appropriate / directed.
- Updating the Registered Nurse / Team Leader /Donor Operations Supervisor/ Manager as necessary and following SOP.
- Actively supports organizational strategic goals and donor, marketing and staff recognition and retention programs.
- Follows the Daily Collection Plan, converts to automated collections as required and works towards goal by optimizing collections and actively rescheduling donors.
- Supports and complies with organizational affirmative action policy.
- Performs all duties in a professional manner, always projecting a positive role model image.
- Maintains an awareness of legal implications of all work being performed.
- Reviews and completes Safety, cGMP, competency requirements, assignments, SOPs, memos, and other assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Complies with SOP and performs all assigned activities and maintains competency for areas in which they are trained.
- Maintains open communication channels and communicates effectively and professionally. Checks company email at least once per day when on duty.
- Maintains professional growth and development; increases job knowledge through continuing education via in-service meetings, NCW Education Days, etc. and reviews current literature to further strengthen working knowledge and a solid industry background and to keep abreast of latest trends in the field.
- May need to drive company vehicles, for which they are licensed, as directed.
- Loads, unloads and sets up equipment, signage, banners and supplies and ensures all required items are on hand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable days and hours, including some weekends.
- Subject to assignment to a variety of sites (Fixed Sites, Mobile Busses, room setups, indoor/outdoor, etc.) with various temperatures and lighting conditions.
- Subject to driving suitable, well-maintained vehicles on surface streets and highways in various traffic and weather conditions.
- May require traversing stairs, slopes, elevators, escalators in a variety of cargo / loading dock environments.
- Subject to risk of possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Subject to assisting in emergency care and handle crisis situations.
- Contact with donors / patients / research participants and general public under a variety of circumstances.
- Subject to overnight stay and/or working in locations outside of San Diego County.
- Light to medium lifting required, up to 45 lbs., seeking assistance and using provided equipment, such as cart, lift gate, etc., when necessary / indicated.
- Perform body motions such as; keyboard data input, bending, kneeling, crouching, stooping, twisting, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping and gripping in the ergonomically correct manner.
- Ability to climb steps on bloodmobiles.
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time without a significant rest period.
- Ability to work often in small, cramped or confined spaces.
- Ability to assist with lifting and moving of donors.
- Ability to use equipment that requires a high degree of dexterity.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy Certification preferred but not essential
Hours & Location
- Gateway Center is the base location, this position will regularly be on mobile drives.
- Hours vary, flexible schedule/open availability is a must
- Full-time position
The San Diego Blood Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.