San Diego Blood Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collection Coordinator I- Cell Therapy
at San Diego Blood Bank
- 20-Nov-2019 to 10-Jul-2020 (PST)
- Cell Therapy
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Part Time
- Responsible for recruitment, consent and demographic eligibility of interested moms.
- Coordinates collection of umbilical cord blood and tissue arranges for collection of maternal samples and coordinates transportation of samples to SDBB.
- Adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP) guidelines.
- Performs recruitment of donors and obtains consent and all demographic and eligibility documentation. Ensures a complete and accurate record to allow for donor eligibility to be determined.
- Coordinates cord and maternal sample collections and transportation to laboratories.
- Assembles and manages collection kits ensuring supply and tracking with lot numbers and expiration dates.
- Maintains collection cart and required supplies and ensures collection area and cart are kept clean and sanitary.
- Using aseptic technique, may perform cord blood collection maintaining an acceptable documentation, collection and contamination rate.
- Manages all donor charts to ensure documentation is complete from collection to final disposition.
- Functions as cord blood tissue liaison for donors to provide information and status of collected unit to include any additional information required for product eligibility.
- Functions as a cord blood tissue collection resource for health care providers for both Labor and Delivery and laboratory and identifies the need for in-services. Establishes a cooperative working relationship and support for cord blood and tissue collection. Actively develops champions to function as an extension of the cord blood bank for recruitment and donor management.
- Obtains cord blood statistics for approach, consent, bank, contamination and miss rate. Obtains statistics on physician collection rates.
- Assists in the care, maintenance and quality control of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Participates in department meetings and educational programs.
- Understands and adheres to the policies, procedures and standards developed as part of the San Diego Blood Bank Compliance Program.
- Normal laboratory environment with biohazard precautions and normal office environment.
- May be exposed to blood or bodily fluids that may be capable of transmitting diseases.
- Hospital Labor and Delivery, OR and mother-baby unit.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor environment and non-company facilities.
- Must be able to stand long hours.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- General Laboratory equipment (examples: heat sealer, rocker, label printer)
- Normal office equipment (examples: telephone, computer, cell phone, copier, fax)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous work in Hospital environment and/or cell therapy
- Minimum of 2 years in a Hospital,
- Prefer L&D or laboratory
- Basic understanding of blood bank concepts, sterility and cell therapy.
- Ability to perform basic aseptic technique with little or no supervision.
- Performs essential responsibilities following SOP
- Strives toward additional CCII tasks.
- Obtains additional info required for donor eligibility.
- CPR and Phlebotomy preferred.
Schedule: 4 days per week, may include weekend shifts (24-29 hours per week)
The San Diego Blood Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.