SAG-Producers Pension and Health Plans
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAG-Producers Pension and Health Plans
The Instructional Designer uses sound instructional design and learning principles to assess, develop, design and deliver training content and materials for all departments and the organizations delegated by senior members of the Training and Development department. The Instructional Designer must be an expert content designer/developer, system administrator and communicator. The Instructional Designer must also be familiar with learning management systems, , train-the-trainer approaches, network/media technologies, knowledge management and authoring tools. The Instructional Designer will work with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to create and customize training across multiple lines of business using blended approaches to maximize results. In addition, the Instructional Designer will strive to create exceptional experiences for all internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Following the direction of the Sr. Instructional Designer; design, develop, organize, and review/edit/update training programs, curriculum, tools and resources
- Develop highly interactive, technical courses (either ILT or e-learning) and supporting materials as assigned by Sr. Instructional Designer and/or department management
- Perform needs assessments, and training effectiveness analysis; partner with SMEs on critical content; identify root cause and suggest solutions to fit business needs
- Work with SMEs to creatively transform technical concepts into educational materials
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to effectively use various media technologies and authoring tools; selects modalities and tools that work within our organization
- Evaluate modes of delivery and blended learning strategies to optimize training/cost effectiveness
- Manage learning and organizational data from basic data entry through analysis and reporting
- Schedule and coordinate learning activities, provide learner support and maintain the LMS
- Provide expertise in the areas of: gamified learning, micro-learning, mobile design, agile design, blended learning theory, adult learning theory, knowledge transfer and SME relationship building
- BS in Human Resources, Business, Education or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience in a learning and development role
- Expert at learning process design, development, delivery, and assessment
- Experience administering a web-based learning management system
- Experience with eLearning software
- Strong listening, questioning, learning consulting, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build credibility through integrity, business acumen, social awareness and professional expertise
- Excellent PC and technology skills: Microsoft products, Adobe products, Articulate Storyline and other authoring tools, etc.
- Strong skills in instructional design and learning theory
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field
- Certifications in eLearning design, facilitation and other learning & development specialty areas
- Experience training individuals and groups
- Experience with Knowledge Management principles
- Action Oriented- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Customer focus - Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Ensures accountability – follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Instills trust – follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Nimble learning- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Situational adaptability- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A systems thinker
- Has expertise in areas such as assessments, competency mapping, blended learning, etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines