Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Team Leader
at Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Assist the Warehouse Supervisor in the handling of the day-to-day operations for the warehouse facility. Support the Warehouse Supervisor in the distribution of workload assignments while providing support to Warehouse Representatives. Train New Hires and ensure understanding of Company Processes and Procedures. Follow company safety policies and procedures. Will provide high quality service to our customers through safe, efficient, damage free, cost effective and accurate storage and handling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining work areas to satisfaction.
- Coordinates work to Forklift Operators and other operational staff.
- Train, explain duties, and assist in the solution of problems.
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of special projects, not limited to physical inventories and new accounts.
- Identify needs and make recommendations regarding department procedures and policy changes.
- Periodically chair daily start up meetings.
- Assist with inventory control issues and corrections.
- Take action and speak up when associates are not following proper Safety, Quality and Productivity procedures.
- Provide input on the evaluation of employee performance, recommend employee discipline, and make promotion recommendations.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the company, customers, and co-workers.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be able to work daily overtime and weekends as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree; at least one year of leadership experience and/or training preferred.
- 2 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Forklift operation experience/certification
Every Journey Matters
Ever have a package land on your doorstep, and wonder how it got there? You probably didn’t consider the numerous people and hundreds of miles it took to get your product in your hands. At Saddle Creek, we drive the full supply chain to get that package to our client's customers quickly and cost effectively. Our nationwide footprint employs everyone from hourly warehouse workers, to truck drivers, to certified six sigma black-belt engineers. Join us in driving the omnichannel evolution.