R&V Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician II - Central
at R&V Management Corporation
Central San Diego
# of Openings:
In business since 1979, R&V Management is dedicated to providing expert professional property management and real estate services. We currently manage various apartment and retail properties throughout San Diego County. Our continued growth and success can be attributed to our steadfast commitment to our most valuable assets - residents, team members, and investors. Our ability to effectively manage these assets with integrity, honesty, and equality has allowed us to become one of the largest management and real estate investment companies in San Diego.
We are seeking a hard-working, goal-oriented Maintenance Technician II to keep the premises of apartment communities in a well-maintained, clean, orderly, and working condition in accordance with policies and procedures.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Scope & Purpose:
Keeps premises of apartment communities in a well-maintained, clean, orderly, and working condition in accordance with policies and procedures.
Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in apartment maintenance or related field
• Intermediate understanding of maintenance and repair required
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Must be a team player with exceptional customer service skills and willing to learn attitude
• Skilled in the safe use of hand and small power tools
• Intermediate knowledge of plumbing, electrical and appliances
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• A valid Class C Drivers License is required for this position
• Must possesses the skills and knowledge for all Maintenance I essential duties
• Existing knowledge of or the demonstrated ability to learn the essential duties listed below
• Repair/replace cabinet doors, drawer fronts, woodwork and cabinetry
• Help monitor and coordinate all work performed by contractors
• Window retrofit and install pre-hung doors (interior & exterior)
• Stucco repair and small drywall/paint projects
• Re-key locks
• Troubleshoot HVAC systems
• Intermediate plumbing duties including but not limited to: replace and/or repair all plumbing fixtures, angle stops, recirc pumps, supply lines, sweat copper pipes, sink and drain pipes and replace individual water heaters
• Intermediate appliance duties including but not limited to: replace and/or repair elements, infinite switches, terminal blocks, burners and igniters, oven thermostats; install dishwashers and repair motors
• Intermediate electrical duties including but not limited to: replace and/or repair outlets and switches, breakers, light fixtures, light posts, minor electrical problems and troubleshoot lines
• Availability to work on call (uncontrolled standby)
• Perform on-call emergency service as required when working on call
• Abide by all company policies and safety procedures as well as community policies applicable to each particular property
• Drive to other properties and to pick up supplies and/or travel to training or meeting sites
• Any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned by the company from time to time
Physical and Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle and/or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to focus, concentrate, make reasoned decisions, handle stress, tolerate interruptions, problem solve, interpret data, organize information, and take direction, in addition to other mental demands required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to elevated heights and have to climb ladders. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.