PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Territory Service Representative-Norwalk, CA (2018-12181)
at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Entry Level
- Posted Date
Senior Territory Service Representative, Norwalk, CA (2018-12181)
With more than $800 Million in annual sales, 1,200 employees and 34 distribution centers, PrimeSource Building Products is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. One of the largest US building supply sellers, PrimeSource Building Products provides professional builders with the tools they need to complete almost any project. The company is a wholesaler and distributor that offers goods through more than 34 distribution centers in the US and Canada. Customers include lumberyards, home improvement centers, building supply dealers, industrial customers, and others in the residential, new construction, and remodeling industries. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, siding, insulation, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. In 2015 Japan's ITOCHU sold PrimeSource to Platinum Equity, and a new President joined the company in April 2018. For more information, please visit www.primesourcebp.com, www.griprite.com, and www.pro-twist.com.
PrimeSource is one of the largest purveyors of fasteners in the world and one of the largest distributors of building materials in North America.
With 34 distribution centers and 1,200 employees across North America and the Caribbean, PrimeSource’s distribution network is larger and more comprehensive than any other in the industry.
Provides sales support and technical support to promote end user purchases of our products through various channels (dealers, retailers, contractors, showrooms, etc.). Promoting products at worksite locations and identifying prospective customers throughout assigned territory. Sales Support of fasteners and building materials to professional trades on residential and commercial job sites while managing a small territory of National Account locations. Assist with merchandising product within assigned territory, as needed. You will also be assigned 5 to 8 stores to service within your assigned territory and visit construction sites to promote our products to potential customers. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, with the flexibility to work on weekends depending on needs within the assigned territory. As our product ambassador, this positon will work independently 70% of the time.
This is a brand new role for our organization and an exciting time to join PrimeSource. In this new role, you will receive the following:
- Grip-Rite Branded Ford Truck
- Grip-Rite Apparel
- Samsung phone
- Training on our products
- Benefits Day One of Employment
- 401k with Company Match
- 15 days PTO
This is a GREAT opportunity for someone that is competitive that enjoys working independently and assisting with driving results for success!
- Creates lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Websites, and other sources.
- Drives company provided truck throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Professionally presents Company's services in a manner to induce customers to utilize our company over our competitor's services.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of service to customers by maintaining communications with appropriate internal departments.
- Assists customers with particular needs and keeps current accurate records of calls made, expenses incurred, and tracks purchases from distribution.
- Continually assesses competitor actions within assigned territory. Is aware of new competitor practices if they arise and informs superior immediately of said practices, together with recommendations to counteract the competitor’s strategies.
- Informs management of any business development opportunities as well as any problems that may have an adverse impact on company.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features and benefits.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders, obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production & delivery schedules.
- Works with local Territory Managers (TM's) and District Sales Managers (DSM's) to identify high value target customers through utilizing their customer's outside sales teams.
- Provides feedback to the product management team from end users regarding the performance of products in job site applications.
- Continually increases knowledge of products, sales skills, concepts, techniques, etc., and develops and improves sales presentations.
- Regularly promotes and maintains favorable customer relations for company by arranging and participating in the presentation of educational training programs for customer, their associations, or any other interested groups.
- Tracks stock levels and coordinates customer training.
- Develops & maintains relationships with purchasing contacts and investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university, mandatory.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish is a plus.
- Professional Selling Program is a plus.
- Degree not required for internal ONLY
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, Company Reporting Software, Internet Software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Knowledge of I-Pad use helpful. SAP, preferred
Certifications and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive and use personal vehicle throughout assigned territory to service stores.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.