Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Part Time On-Call
- US-CA-Naval Station San Diego
- Additional Information
- This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Job Code: 267 - FS-Laborer
SCA Occup: 23470 Laborer
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: November 2017
Under close supervision, the Laborer performs tasks that require mainly physical abilities and effort involving little or no specialized skill or prior work experience.
1. *Loading and unloading trucks;
2. *Moving supplies and materials to proper location by wheel barrow or hand truck;
3. *Collecting refuse and salvageable materials;
4. *Digging, filling, and tamping earth excavations;
5. *Leveling ground using pick, shovel, tamper, and rake;
6. *Moving and arranging heavy pieces of furniture, equipment, appliances, machinery, etc.
7. *Assisting with snow removal at sites where required; spreading sand and salt on icy roads and walkways;
8. Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Ability to do physical labor throughout the day;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Standing and walking
• Bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching
• Lifting of boxes or equipment up to 50 pounds
• Climbing ladders or step stools
Work is performed at a customer’s location in office, shop, warehouse, or outdoor environment. May require driving to and from worksite locations. Equipment can be located in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to hazardous and/or toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.