Preferred Freezer Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Preferred Freezer Services
A Janitorial Staff’s job functions include performing custodial and maintenance work in the facility and building interiors/exterior as required
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the dock area are thoroughly cleaned and set up in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure storerooms are clean and well maintained.
- Discard garbage and ensure the area around garbage can is kept clean.
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of facilities on a regular basis. This includes:
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dust and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dust and polishes light fixtures.
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Move furniture and associated office equipment as necessary.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Perform light maintenance and repair.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 6 months of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Willingness to work weekends occasionally.
- Must have a solid work ethic with the ability to multitask, prioritize and change direction mid-stream.
- Good time management skills.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders and have the stamina to remove snow, debris and office refuse.
- Must be physically able to lift loads of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.