Planned Parenthood - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APN - Float
at Planned Parenthood - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
APN - Float
Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Float Clinician (APN/PA)
At Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota (PPMNS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under the direction of the Float Clinical Leader – APN/PA, the general administrative supervision of the APN/PA Director, and in collaboration with the Clinical Leadership, the Regular Float APN/PA provides clinical services, including reproductive health care, to patients at designated PPMNS clinics. A Float APN/PA is a key advocate and leader in implementing our mission of “Affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.”
Essential function and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The APN/PA practices according to the PPMNS MS&G and as indicated by the patient’s status; APN/PA practice includes the following:
• Obtains pertinent patient history and performs a physical exam, as indicated by the visit type.
• Recognizes and addresses deviations from normal.
• Performs, orders, and interprets both screening and diagnostic testing; addresses abnormal findings.
• Develops plan, which may include treatment, medical or other referrals, and/or prescribing of medications.
• Provides patient instruction regarding plan of care, preventive education, and health promotion and maintenance.
• Consults with Medical Director as indicated.
• Obtains informed consent when indicated.
• Collaborates with the health care team and other community agencies and resources, as indicated.
• Assesses interventions and/or referral progress as indicated.
• Documents accurately and clearly.
• Supervises routine orders with clinic RNs.
• Collaborates with Clinic Manager to meet clinic goals, productivity benchmarks, and assigned tasks.
• Provides customer focused care and assures smooth and efficient patient and clinic flow processes.
• Interprets scientific studies based on knowledge of basic research principals; Provides input and current information for the on-going process of protocol development.
• Stays up-to-date on reproductive health care developments and maintains CEU/CME requirements for required licensure and certification.
• Meets quality assurance requirements, including the appropriate dispensing of medications.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and meets compliance requirements, including HIPPA.
• Meets coding and documentation requirements.
• Possesses basic comprehension and skills of PPMNS clinic computer technology as it relates specifically to the APN/PA role.
• Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in providing reproductive health care.
• Communicates clinical and professional issues and questions to the APN/PA Director.
• Follows protocol and training requirements for expanding scope of practice and/or learning new procedures, i.e. colposcopy, IUD insertion. Provider must be trained on implants and IUCs within the first 6 months of employment.
• Works to insure understanding and acceptance of the APN/PA PPMNS role with colleagues, consumers, and the community.
• Follows PPMNS Policies and Procedures.
• Appropriately supervises RNs who are qualified to utilize the RN Condition Specific protocols
• Prescribe all FDA approved methods of birth control.
• Provide medication abortion follow up or refer patients for medical abortion.
• Refer patients for surgical abortion, prenatal care or adoption services.
• Counsel HIV+ clients.
• Online Health services (OHS):
o Provide services via a video visit between clinician and patient, in which an assessment and documentation of the assessment are made in the electronic health record.
o Provision of birth control (pill, patch, ring), STI testing (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea), STI treatment for patient and partner(s), and UTI evaluation and treatment.
Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
Work Hours: Full-time, days, weeknights and weekends. Provided that the above scheduling availability is met, the Float Clinician will be paid up to their scheduled hours/FTE. Hours commitments will be met on a pay period basis, provided that the availability criteria are met. If clinic shifts are unavailable then, whenever possible, other projects may be assigned at any of the clinics in the PPMNS system or remote work such as chart purges, data entry, or audit work in order to fulfill the hours commitment to the extent feasible. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.
32 hours per week + every 3rd weekend (varies based on clinical need)
Required Qualifications APN Qualifications • Current state license as a Registered Nurse/APN • National Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse, i.e. Women’s Health Care, Adult or Family Practice NP, through the National Certification Corporation (NCC), or as a Certified Nurse–Midwife through the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) • Any additional requirements for practice/prescriptive authority in MN or SD • Any additional requirements to be credentialed by third party payors, i.e. Master’s Degree • Current CPR certification • Access to independent transportation, valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance, with willingness to drive to different clinic sites as needed. Physician Assistant Qualifications • Current state license as a Physician Assistant • National Certification as a Physician Assistant with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) • Any additional requirements for practice/prescriptive authority in MN or SD • Any additional requirements to be credentialed by third party payers • Current CPR certification (or obtained within six months of employment) • Access to independent transportation, valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance, with willingness to drive to different clinic sites as needed. Desired Qualifications • Experience working with high risk minority populations • Bilingual language skills Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Clinical experience in reproductive or family health care. • Implant and IUC procedures • Willingness to work with volunteers. • For OHS: o Comfort with providing care in an online environment through a video interface o Willingness to seek cross-licensure and prescriptive authority in additional states as required o Willing to share provider profile information in an online environment, including but not limited to a current photograph, first name, last initial and clinical credentials Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.