Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Endpoint Protection Senior Product Specialist
Requisition ID# 26242
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location: Sacramento
The Cybersecurity team enables PG&E to achieve its mission by providing governance, oversight, and support of operational resiliency and asset safeguards in a relevant, timely and data-driven manner. The Cybersecurity team consists of security professionals in their chosen disciplines, including:
• Cybersecurity Services
• Risk & Strategy
• Security Intelligence & Operations
Working together, we review the current cyber threat landscape and lend our expertise to help the company understand its security posture and act on the highest priority risks.
The Cybersecurity team takes a proactive approach to security by focusing on the cyber risks PG&E faces. Our methodology and framework synthesize current legal, regulatory, and operating mandates with PG&E's business goals and operations. By taking this information and focusing on the cyber risks unique to individual Lines of Business (LOB), Cybersecurity helps PG&E's LOBs make informed decisions about where to invest their resources.
The Endpoint Protection Senior Product Specialist will work closely with Managers, Project Managers, team leaders, specialists, security teams, and subject matter experts. This position maintains, analyzes, develops and delivers Endpoint Security and the global Data Loss Prevention solution. Evaluate data loss risks and identify gaps in existing security & privacy capabilities. This position will work closely with our Lines of Business and be responsible for maturing our Endpoint Protection/Data Loss Prevention program.
- AA/AS in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of IT/Cybersecurity technical experience
- Experience using Data Loss Prevention, Collibra, De-Identification tools
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or job-related discipline
- Able to follow Safety First principles
- Achieve positive results with multiple projects/efforts running simultaneously.
- Results driven, and customer focused
- Multi-Platform knowledge (UNIX/LINUX, Windows Servers/Desktops, Oracle/SQL Databases, etc)
- Skilled at being team player
- Energizes coworkers, and maintaining a positive attitude towards the team and the business directions
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Familiar with one or more security controls/risk management frameworks (ISO, NIST, etc.)
- Understanding of risk and security controls
- Understanding of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and common network logging functions
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Responsible for the management, advanced configuration, monitoring, and fine tuning of DLP solutions. Identify security abnormalities and report violations
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and rollout of DLP programs and solutions
- Train peer employees in security awareness, protocols and procedures
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
- Partner with the groups within Information/Business Technology and Lines of Businesses on security
- Partner with Cybersecurity, Compliance teams, and other key stakeholders to alert or resolve the detected anomalies
- Document and manage Cybersecurity process, procedures, policies, control documentation, etc.
- Facilitates/Leads Root Cause Analysis
- Research and recommend security controls and tools upgrades
- Participate in Security projects
- Serve as mentor for newer employees and/or delegate of Supervisor/Manager
- Prepare and present recommendations and alternatives to senior management
- Introduce new innovative solutions that enhance the existing capabilities of the product(s) or service(s). Develop methods of automation and optimization.
- Partner with peers in the accountable planning organization to develop the strategic vision and understand how it applies to the targeted products or services.
- Understand the industry's product positioning, the product's key benefits, and the product's targeted users. Partner close with the vendor to influence the product's future capabilities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex operational issues.
- Drive conventions and standards (such as usage or configuration) across multiple products to maximize user experience.
- Act as third-tier support specialist to other IT professionals for escalated operational issues.