Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Failure Analysis Analyst - Intern
Requisition ID# 38600
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location: San Francisco
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Asset Failure Analysis team is responsible for partnering with other groups within Electric Operations to lead asset failure root cause analysis and provide data analysis that helps identify, prioritize, investigate, and mitigate risks associated with electric assets. This team is also responsible for assessing and introducing new technology solutions to improve detection and inspection methods for identifying potential operating risks. Asset Failure Analysis team plays a critical role in developing a data driven asset management plan.
Asset Failure Analysis team is looking for an intern with passion for understanding and figuring out the "why" behind the asset failure events and using that information to mitigate system risks. The analyst should have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and leverage data and technical information from multiple sources to frame complex problems and clearly communicate to multiple stakeholders.
The successful intern will be interested in learning how PG&E manages the life cycle of its vast network of electric assets. The intern will help develop processes and data analysis tools to clearly communicate asset risk information. The work performed by the intern will underpin the development of PG&E's annual asset management plan for Transmission, Distribution, and Substation electric assets.
The successful intern will help Asset Failure Analysis team drive numerous initiatives including but not limited to:
- Conduct root cause analysis and direct cause analysis of asset failure events
- Collaborate with Asset Knowledge Management team to develop an asset failure database that can transform raw data into actionable insights to prevent equipment failure and make data driven decisions that improve maintenance and operations practices.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes to collect asset inspection and asset failure data
- Explore and assess innovative technologies to improve detection of key indicators to determine asset health
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Engineers and Analysts. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Electric Operations organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship.
- Must have a valid driver's license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- EIT or FE certification
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with python and SQL scripts
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other visa for this position.