Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
at Pacifica Hotels
Best Western Seacliff Inn Aptos is actively searching for a Director of Sales to join the team! The Director of Sales will be an integral part of the team and oversee revenue generation for all sales segments including corporate business transient, tour and travel, group and catering revenue.
Set on six beautifully landscaped acres with scenic garden paths, this friendly Aptos, California hotel is perfect for a fun, family vacation, business travelers or romantic weekends exploring Santa Cruz, local beaches and wineries. Just off scenic Highway 1 five miles south of Santa Cruz, Seacliff Inn is only 35 minutes from San Jose Airport and 90 minutes from San Francisco Airport.
The full-service Best Western Seacliff Inn boasts 148 well-appointed guest rooms and 10 oversized suites. The rooms are situated in six separate, two story buildings that surround lush gardens and the pool as the focal point. Rooms feature cable TV and HBO, free Wi-Fi and courteous room service. Hotel amenities include complimentary hot buffet breakfast, heated swimming pool, hot tub, and fitness room and business center. Also, check out what's happening in our restaurant, Severino's Bar & Grill. From happy hour to live music, Severino's is where locals and visitors gather.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Act as the Point of Contact and “Face” of the hotel, introducing hotel to the local community and businesses
- Manager strong relationships are local Bureau and larger DT corporations bringing revenue to the hotel.
- Collaborate with GM and Revenue Management to ensure revenue maximization with all corporate / groups opportunities.
- Work closely with F & B team and Sale Team to establish strategic plans & pricing a for all activation points throughout the hotel.
- Exceeding Guest Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Responsible for increasing revenues by soliciting new mid-week/week-end business, including food and beverage, banquet and meeting room sales on behalf of the hotels through:
- 1. Directing solicitation calls to local business and prospective leads.
- 2. Soliciting and qualify potential new accounts.
- 3. Understanding and maximizing all of the hotel’s revenue channels.
- 4. Analyzing current and potential business segments and coordinating all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share.
- 5. Effectively service and grow existing accounts.
- 6. Participating in industry and civic organizations representing opportunities for future public relations and new business.
- Pro-actively pursue, organize and book sleeping rooms and group business for the hotels.
- Create and promote a positive team environment for catering and sales support.
- Have ongoing knowledge of the competition's product and current marketing strategies.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel departments to ensure group arrangements are carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Promote a professional, positive image of the hotels at all times through personal appearance, civic functions and general public relations.
- Complete sales objectives and ongoing action plan, as directed by the Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Provide adequate follow-up and solicit repeat bookings.
- Complete weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Respond promptly to all sales related inquires and correspondence from customers, prospects and lead referrals.
- Conduct weekly quota of pro-active sales calls in the form of telephone calls, office appointments, blitzes, hotel site inspections, trade shows and networking functions/meetings.
- Saturate and grow existing accounts.
- Confirm group bookings using availability and rate guidelines approved by the General Manager.
- Promote all Company managed hotels when appropriate.
- Travel as necessary for sales calls and trade shows.
- Respond promptly to requests by the Operational Supervisor and Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing for reports and other assignments.
- Other duties from time to time as assigned by General Manager and Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing.
1. GROUP BUSINESS: Tour, SMERF, Corporate, Association and Government
2. FIT - Foreign Independent Travel (contracts approved by Pacifica Hotel Company)
Booking Objective: Specific goals to be established after 90 days.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.