Pacific Pulmonary Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Equipment Technician/Delivery Driver
at Pacific Pulmonary Services
The Technician interacts with patients and caregivers to provide support for the organization’s Sales & Field Operations. Technicians are responsible for providing quality customer service to our patients by delivering and setting patients up on oxygen therapy in their homes and ensuring the appropriate process is followed then and during any follow up visits. The Technician represents Pacific Pulmonary Services/Bennett Medical Services and is an integral part of the company’s success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with patients in their homes delivering and setting up respiratory medical equipment and durable medical equipment.
- Perform routine equipment checks and ensure patients have complete comprehension of oral and written instructions consistent with compliance requirements.
- Deliver, set up and service equipment in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and company policy and procedures.
- Clean and prepare equipment for patient use.
- Instruct patients on the safe and proper use of the equipment being delivered.
- Perform safety inspections to ensure that the equipment is working properly.
- Complete required paperwork according to PPS policy, promptly, and accurately to support the delivery and billing functions of the company.
- Provide regular and appropriate communications to operations and sales team members in order to ensure our customers receive quality service.
- Maintain Company vehicle in a clean, safe operating condition and completing logs per policy and procedure
- Participate in Center in-services and ongoing training opportunities, as applicable.
- Assist with Center tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Timely completion of all mandated compliance training
- Uphold the standards set in the PPS code of Ethics and Business Conduct guide.
- Maintain compliance with Federal healthcare regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly to customers in an empathic manner when appropriate.
- Possess the ability to listen well and retain instructions
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Possess the desire to help others.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Understand and embrace the value of teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with working in an environment governed by specific regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Commitment to ongoing learning related to changing requirements.
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- A minimum of one year of experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with no moving violations or accidents in the last 36 months.
- Ability to lift and load equipment into and out of delivery vehicles and patient homes.
- At least 6 months experience in a role that entailed regular interaction with customers preferred, (volunteer experience may be considered in process).
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, data entry)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Up to 100% travel in Company vehicle
- Ability to transport and set up medical equipment requires frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing.
- Ability to withstand kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder, and prolonged standing, sitting, ambulating, pushing/pulling, driving and climbing in and out of the van.
Pacific Pulmonary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.