Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Test Engineer
- Research & Development
This position will be primarily responsible for testing various applications developed by the Mobile & Cloud Software Engineering group. The position will be performing manual and automated testing of mobile software applications and cloud-based services. This position will entail implementing automated tests in support of the overall software test strategy for both Cloud and Mobile Apps (iOS and Android)
- Design and execute manual and automated test coverage for Cloud and Mobile Applications as part of the Agile software product development life-cycle.
- Design and implement test frameworks and automated test coverage including performance tests for both Cloud and Mobile App platforms
- Support integration of third party platforms and mobile applications with the products developed in house
- Work closely with the development team to identify and correct defects, identify software enhancements, improve continuous integration test coverage and workflows
- Develop and maintain test plans, testcase repositories, test scripts and documentation for automated and manual test coverage for various software releases across multiple products.
- Collaborate with Program Management, Systems Engineering, Development, QA and IT teams to deliver on program milestones across multiple products
- Participate and contribute to product design reviews, process improvements, tool design and product benchmarking
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- 2+ year’s software testing experience, preferably with mobile apps and cloud platforms.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins preferred.
- Experience with issue tracking systems. Jira preferred.
- Experience testing Java applications on AWS Cloud, iOS and Android applications
- Experience debugging software issues on both cloud and mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, software development life-cycle, test methodologies
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communications skills and extensive experience working with technical teams and management.
- Experience with Agile software development preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully launching products in FCC & FDA regulated industries preferred
- As many as possible of:
- Java, Python, Perl, shell scripting
- NoSQL databases, REST API testing, Performance benchmarking tools
- iOS/Android application test automation frameworks
- Gradle, Maven, Webpack
- Atlassian Product Suite (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
- AWS CodePipeline, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, Lambda, IAM
Physical Requirements (if applicable):