Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Waterjet Machinist 2 (Pipeline for future opening)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Sets up and operates 3_Axis waterjet machine for the cutting of composite and metallic materials.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches/shop drawings, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay our stock for machining. Some machines may be numerically controlled (CNC).
- Set up and operate 3-axis waterjet machine. Conventional and or CNC experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Siemens controls a plus
- Operate overhead crane
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and follow written procedures
- Demonstrated high degree of self-discipline to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, shop drawings and engineering specifications in English
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic
- Ability to use machinist handbook to solve machining problems involving trigonometry and machine feeds and speeds depending on the material and tolerance specified
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and is focused on accuracy
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision including setting up and operating all machines commonly found in a machine shop.
- Responsible for demonstrating a high degree of concern for safety of self and others
- Good documentation and organization skills
- Standard computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends as needed based on demanding manufacturing schedules
- Ability to be on feet for up to 9 hours each day
Basic Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of relevant work experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.