Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UCAS Network Systems Engineer 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The ucas program is looking for a senior Network Administrator for the laboratory network to maintain and upgrade the system as required. This network engineer maintains smooth operation of local area, site-to-site, and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as switches, routers, firewalls, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate system documentation exists, including operational instructions, server architecture, and network configuration. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages. Work with software developers to tune in-house custom software for the server and network configurations.
The following skills/experience is required:
-Designed, configured and maintained a network system
-Active Directory management
-DNS Server management
-Management and configuration of Windows Server 2008, 2012 servers
-Remote Desktop Broker -Distributed File Systems
-High-Availability and Fail-over clustering SAN systems, snapshots, RAID Block-level data deduplication iSCSI networking Optical Fiber networking Cisco Nexus Cisco IOS Tape Library backup Firewalls Site-to-Site VPN
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 9 years overall engineering experience or 7 years of engineering experience with a Master's Degree.
- Network systems administration experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Master's Degree
- 10 years of network systems administration experience designing and maintenance of networks in laboratory environments.
- Secret or Top Secret Clearance