Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembler 2 - Conformal Coat (2nd shift)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Assembler 1 - Conformal Coat based out of Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, CA.
- Wiring component installations and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
- Perform mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
- Work with various chemicals and solvents.
- Work from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations. Using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing work experience or a 2-year additional education with obtained certification/diploma/degree
- Must have experience working with chemicals and solvents.
- Must be able to do occasional light lifting
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting
- AA or other 1 year technical degree in related discipline and/or 2 year of related experience desired. Related experience includes but is not limited to: Spray Technician, Plating Technician, Painter, Process Helper, Finisher, Car Detailer, Furniture Refinisher, Drywall (patch and repair), Auto Body Repair, Nail Technician.
- IPC-A-620 certification.
- Ability to mask and unmask, in preparation for processing, using solid or liquid masking materials.
- Basic mathematics knowledge for mixing chemicals and solvents.
- Familiarity with chemical and solvent variations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.