Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Producer, Associate (NE)
at Nexstar Media Group Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
POSITION: Associate Producer
REPORTS TO: Executive Producer/Producer
ROLE: Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Accuracy, excellence in production techniques and writing.
- Write and support line producers for assigned newscasts. Fill-in produce.
- Manage and write graphics for assigned stories and update them as need be.
- Research, confirm and update local, state, national and international stories through multiple sources including websites, FOX/CNN & Tribune News services, wires and social media.
- Help determine placement of stories in the newscast and advise producer on story format changes
- Plan future segments, topics, guests and story ideas.
- Post stories to the web.
- Assist assignment desk in making calls to confirm story details.
- Maintain social media presence.
- Additional duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
- 1-2 years experience in a working newsroom as either a writer or production assistant.
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must have solid news judgment
- Must be a consistent and solid writer
- Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
- Work well in a strong team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled