Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning
at Newegg, Inc.
- US-CA-City of Industry - HQ
- 7 days ago
Purpose Of The Job
To support the Financial Planning & Analysis team by providing financial analysis and communicating business insights to Newegg’s management. The position will be critical to Newegg’s short and long term financial planning process, including company forecasts, business plans and potential M&A activities.
- Financial modeling of potential M&A activities, scenario planning and what-if analysis
- Create valuation models for the company and/or potential M&A targets
- Develop the monthly global forecast by evaluating trends and creating assumptions that leverage key business drivers.
- Prepare and communicate monthly variance analysis to Prior Year, Budget and Forecast.
- Cross-functional partnership to evaluate business initiatives, including sales, marketing, logistics & operations and customer experience programs. Establish & track financial metrics for business initiatives.
- Communicate monthly performance to the management team throughout the organization (Top Management, Business Units, Department heads).
- Participate in driving the annual budgeting process by collaborating with department heads and prepare results for management.
- Contribute to creating the reporting package for the Board of Directors meetings
- All other financial analysis duties as assigned by the Finance organization’s leadership.
- Other duties asassigned
Minimum Requirements & Special Attributes
- BA/BS in accounting or finance; MBA is desirable
- 5 years of experience in financial modeling
- M&A and/or valuations experience preferred
- Analytical quantitative problem solving skills and critical thinking required
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with financial reporting systems such as SAP, Hyperion suite, Cognos Reporting and Planning, TM1 or other similar systems
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance concepts
- Strong oral and written presentation/communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and related deadlines and interact with multiple levels of management along with demonstrated understanding of business issues required
Essential Mental and Physical Functions
Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. This position develops procedures for performance of a variety of duties and performs complex duties within established policy guidelines. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational, and business decisions that affect the department.
Sitting required 90% of the time. Walking and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant working on a computer necessary.