National Nurses United
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legislative Advocate (Sacramento)
at National Nurses United
TheCalifornia Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee
We seek anexperienced Legislative Advocate. Under thedirection of the Government Relations Director, the Legislative Advocate plansand assists in union activities and achievement of union objectives by means ofgovernmental advocacy, grassroots education and organizing member involvement.This staff person actively participates in the evaluation and planning of theunion’s legislative program.
• Extensive experience withlobbying and legislative advocacy
• Proven success at memberinvolvement, organizing, and political action
• Demonstrated ability to help plan& coordinate successful state and local grassroots campaigns
• Ability to build relationshipswith potential allies and empower volunteers
• Highly evolved communicationsskills, including drafting flyers and direct mail pieces, social mediacommunication pieces
• Ability to travel extensively andvalid driver’s license
• Experience in Environmental Policy
• Bachelor of Arts
• 5+ years of successful experiencein union or other social justice advocacy
• Demonstrated written andanalytical skills
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledgeof governmental relations and related issues
• Experience in a public role as asocial advocate
• Demonstrated familiarity withhealthcare justice and other issues affecting working women
Salary andBenefits: Excellent salary depending on experience, and outstanding benefitsoffered, including comprehensive family health & dental plan, and generouspension.
Pleasesubmit a Résumé and cover letter. Please be sure to fill out the one page onlineapplication form.
The California NursesAssociation/National Nurses Organizing Committee is a premiere organization ofregistered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor andprofessional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice fornurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking alike-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with apersonal dedication to social justice issues to be our LegislativeAdvocate/Community and Political Organizer.
CNA/NNOC is committed to EqualOpportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexualorientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage peoplefrom diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational valuesand objectives to apply.