Mission Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mission Federal Credit Union
Provides in-house graphic design services and support by using high-end software, cost effective solutions and current technology to support the Mission Fed brand. Creates concepts, selects stock photography, and designs and produces materials, mainly for print, but also some digital, for internal and external clients under tight deadlines. Manages own schedule to meet production deadlines. Monitors corporate and brand identity standards across all media. Acts as a consultant and/or art director. Assists with web design, eMarketing and social media. Provides hands on updating and technical support for Mac, Windows, VMware and -in branch TV screen marketing message systems and software.
- Manages in-house creative services agency-scheduling, creation, production, and job files, using expert technical knowledge of design software, production methods and computer systems and software. Stays current with design and technology using research, online training, subscriptions, seminars and classes.
- Produces expert level design and consistent look for materials across media: direct mail, digital and print advertising, credit cards, annual reports, holiday cards, branch wall posters, outdoor advertising and Business Development requests.
- Researches and provides cost effective images and solutions. Designs templates for more efficient workflow and brand identity. Uses stock photo libraries and other low cost resources.
- Correctly prepares materials and files for error-free production, keeping costs on or under budget.
- Works with Production Manager to set schedules, meet deadlines and provides quote specifications for efficient cost and resource workflow.
- Leads weekly creative group meetings for concepts, ideas, solutions and discussion.
- Maintains and updates computer and operating systems, scanner, printer, external drives, high-end multimedia design and production software. Researches and implements solutions to technical issues.
- Archives corporate logos, digital photographs, fonts, analog and digital video, clip art, etc.
- Sets up and maintains digital job folders on two servers, one limited and one full access.
- Manages creation, schedule, and broadcast of in-branch ads and employee video messages. Updates as needed. Manages and facilitates communication between Network Services and InLighten.
- Maintains corporate identity and branding standards. Serves as central resource and gatekeeper for corporate identity graphics files. Reviews graphics standards manual as needed. Provides internal and external usage support-digital art files, direction and approval.
- Provides expert level support resource for: Macintosh computer system, including hardware, scanner and software: maintenance, updates, conflicts, workarounds; InLighten iBox web-based software: maintenance, updates, conflicts, workarounds; and Windows operating system, VMware and Xerox printer/scanner.
- Supports Mission Fed Communications activities by drafting and editing a variety of internal and external communications and marketing pieces on a range of topics. Creates a broad array of materials including promotional copy, brochures, flyers, direct mail pieces, newsletters, website banner ads, website copy, email, presentations, memorandums and articles for use with both internal and external audiences in support of the Mission Fed brand and department and credit union goals. Updates content of existing materials, including scheduling, routing, editing, proofing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of and complies with all Mission Fed, departmental and security policies and procedures, as well as, federal regulations applicable to the position, including BSA requirements. Completes all required compliance training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and specialized education in Graphic Design emphasizing design principles for print, digital and multimedia is required. Specialized education relating to eMarketing campaigns is preferred. Computer technical training (especially Apple and Adobe) are also a requirement. Formal training and working experience drafting and editing communications. Two years of equivalent experience can substitute for every one year of education.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years in advertising, marketing, design studio or agency work is required: Must have experience in concept and creation of marketing campaigns, promotions, advertising and eMarketing, corporate identity and branding, and creative and art direction. Must have traditional print and digital media experience, as well as prepress & printing techniques. Experience with digital conversion and delivery of documents, graphics and fonts in error-free, cost efficient formats. Experience with digital photo and file manipulation, proofreading, client and vendor contact, project management, and eMarketing campaigns. Must be an expert user of Mac OS and Win OS, familiar with VMware virtual desktop. HTML programming, internet applications and other end uses. Must have experience with high volume design and production. Work experience in financial services setting a plus. Experience writing and/or proofreading and editing copy is highly desired.
Skills & Abilities: Must be able to work well independently. Ability to schedule and deliver under tight deadlines is a necessity. Should have professional communication skills and proactive initiative.
Software: Apple and Adobe CS software: InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Acrobat (PDF), and Flash, InLighten iBox. High end scanning software. Audio/video conversion and editing software. Windows and Microsoft (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), VMware (virtual Windows operating system). Intranet and Internet. HTML and image optimization.
Hardware: iMac computer, back up drives, scanner and printer. Windows computer. Xerox printer/scanner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting and repetitive use of the hand involving: simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Frequent lifting & carrying (0-10 lbs.).
- Occasional walking, standing, bending (neck & waist), squatting, kneeling, repetitive use of the hand involving: power grasping, pushing & pulling, and reaching (above & below shoulder level), and lifting & carrying (11-50 lbs.).
- **Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.**