Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead
at Millennium Health
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead, San Diego
WHO WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services including Millennium PGT and Millennium UDT, which can be used to better tailor patient care. More information can be found at www.millenniumhealth.com.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead performs a variety of standardized urinalysis tests in a toxicology laboratory for the detection of prescription and illicit drugs using advanced LC-MS-MS technology; approves reports and patient results to ordering physicians. This position will during the day.
- Responsible for testing and reporting laboratory test results for all test methods approved by CAP, NY and CLIA.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of test results meeting required turnaround times.
- Enters testing data and performs a variety of standardized tests on urine samples using advanced LC-MS-MS technology for the detection of prescription and illicit drugs.
- Evaluates the validity of results obtained, maintains proper records of results and creates a report of results.
- Responsible for completing the workflow in their designated area
- Maintains quality control and LC-MS-MS chromatographic data prior to release or results to physicians.
- Ensures that testing methods follow established quality control procedures; and assists with the preparation of chromatographic data reports prior to release to physicians.
- Acts as a resource in troubleshooting to resolve analytical, instrument and QC issues.
- Documents issues using the Laboratory Occurrence Management (LOM) form
- Prepares and maintains reagents and supplies; performs maintenance on laboratory equipment and maintains laboratory in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follows safe laboratory practices and participates in operational support activities necessary to maintain and optimize testing capabilities.
- Oversees the duties of clinical laboratory technicians and assistants who prepare specimens and perform other less complex procedures.
- The laboratory is actively involved in research and encourages Clinical Laboratory Scientist to participate in research projects.
- Participates in internal laboratory audits
- Required to follow all safety procedures, policies, precautions, and Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with current California CLS license
- ASCP license highly preferred
- 1+ year experience in high complexity testing;CLIA/CAP environment
- Must maintain continuing education units required by CA Dept. of health services
- Knowledgeable in laboratory methods and techniques
- Knowledgeable of equipment and supplies in a laboratory
- Proficient in MS applications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of employess
- Effective attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage workflow
- 0 – 4 years experience in high complexity testing; CLIA/CAP environment
- Must maintain continuing education units required by California Department of Health Services.
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status