Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Character Artist (Hand Drawn)
at MGA Entertainment
Mission: Complete projects assigned; from initial stage to completion
1. Develop character art/art/images in a consistent manner in keeping with brand standards. 60%
2. Partner with internal and external resources, ensuring consistent brand standards and quality is met 30%
3. Establish and maintain art styles and techniques 10%
TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION 100%
- Degree in Fine Art (or equivalent training) preferred and/or min 3 years related work experience
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making
- Create rough and tight pencil drawings/images
- Must have good working knowledge of structure, perspective, human form, color and composition
- At least 3 years of prior experience as character artist and/or animator
- An understanding of the principles of animation is a plus
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Active listener
- Great visualization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Motivated self-starter and proactive thinker/doer
- Friendly, people oriented team player
- Able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- A sense of urgency and a strong, efficient work ethic
- Displays flexibility, a sense of humor and positive attitude
- Well versed in Mac, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Complete assigned projects, achieving project directives with a high degree of independence and creativity.
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrate excellent ability to draw, illustrate and design in various media and styles.
- Have good knowledge of product development and producing accurate depictions of envisioned product through to final sculpt; including, but not limited to, creating turns.
- Ability to quickly learn and/or master a brand look, feel and style.
- Possess the ability to provide visual interpretations/stylizations of characters appropriate to trends and product needs without compromising brand integrity.
- Ensure art requirements are satisfied while maintaining and/or raising the MGA creative standards.
- Ability to communicate with requestors, art-directors/designers/team members technically and creatively using industry standard terminology.
- Operate with an on-going curiosity about emerging trends in the industry through research, observation, print media, and runway.
- Must be able to spot emerging art/design trends and have flexible art styles and apply to art where applicable.
- Work according to project briefing, creative vision and direction from requestor/Art Director.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together effectively, respectfully and efficiently.
- Have the ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities within a deadline driven environment.
- Bring ideas into action. Offering ideas to accomplish internal and external work resulting in working smarter and producing quality work within MGA’s standards.
- Communicate and liaise with internal teams (PD, packaging, web, licensing, and styleguide).
- Follow studio policies and procedures.
- Make sound decisions using MGA’s best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned