Recovery Innovations Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Recovery Innovations Inc.
Desert Sage Residential Care Facility
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures contract expectations are met including adherence to budget.
- Provides supervision to staff through role modeling of effective service and coaching the techniques and practices of peer support and self-help.
- Identifies potential referral sources and partners with RSA to market program to appropriate organizations and customers.
- Responsible for the oversight of activities of subordinate staff which includes but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the hiring process to include interviewing applicants and making hiring recommendations.
- Provides orientation and ongoing training to staff and/or residents.
- Supervises activities of staff and/or residents and provides coaching in relation to the assignment of duties.
- Monitors the performance and evaluates staff and/or residents.
- Addresses performance challenges via progressive discipline and recommends corrective action.
- Assists and monitors staff in maintaining employment related credentials and/or requirements.
- Provides continual support and coaching to employees and/or residents.
- Assures quality, consistent delivery of all approved training material according to our values and philosophy.
- Participates as an active member of the Program’s Leadership team.
- Develops and maintains positive and constructive working relationships with collateral agencies.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintains and observes all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provides timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influences and improves operations which are not under direct control.
- Uses problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies RI Internationals’ mission, vision and values.
- Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and RI International.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self determination.
- Develops new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determines strategies to move the program and RI International forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establishes and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speaks, listens and writes clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focuses on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs.
Education, Licenses and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent; or
- Education and experience with demonstrated ability to perform duties of the job.
- Successful Completion of Per Employment Training is preferred
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills and provide coaching in a team environment.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Must possess a valid California Drivers License.
- Clean 39 month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) as determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proof of valid insurance if using personal vehicle for agency business.
- At least 25 years of age.
- Successful completion of Multi-State criminal background check.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Quantiferon TB Test (and annually thereafter.)
- Maintaining the requirements of the organization’s driving policies.
- Successful Completion of Therapeutic Options Training
Works in general office environment. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours and travel throughout geographic region. May be exposed to agitated people which can be mitigated by training.
Works in a standard office environment with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision; color vision, use of auditory senses. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.