Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fuel Farm Operator
at Menzies Aviation plc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain an uncompromising dedication to providing high quality service to all of our customers at a fair and reasonable price. This is achieved by accomplishing all duties in accordance with established airline regulations.
- Receive, store, issue, and transfer Aviation Jet Fuel in a safe and efficient manner, while carefully monitoring and recording all pertinent information.
- Perform daily system inspections and required operator maintenance functions in accordance with ATA Spec. 103 and local operating procedures.
- Review the daily pipeline receipt schedule and plan for sufficient tank ullage on next day allotments.
- Complete and Maintain appropriate documentation on operational matters in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform a variety of fuel Quality Tests and analysis, in accordance with ATA Spec. 103 and established procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of ATA Spec. 103, the LAXFUEL Operations Manual and other posted Regulations associated with the fueling industry.
- Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws.
- Continually inspect operations for unusual circumstances at the fuel tank farm area such as: low/high pressure, leaks and unauthorized personnel, etc. This category as stated, is not exclusive.
- Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, not withstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate with the ability to learn the PC computer and the use of Microsoft Windows. Additional training in First Aid/CPR, Hazwoper, Confined Space Entry, Fire Extinguisher Training, etc. a plus. Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Must have the ability to communicate in the English language, both written and verbally.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, loss/gains, inventories, inches/feet to gallons/barrels conversions, proportions, percentages, weights, lengths, diameters, radius, circumferences, flow rates and volumes in standard and metric. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Strenuous physical exertion is required to perform certain tasks such as top gauging and sampling storage tanks. Tanks are gauged by climbing stairways to the top of the tanks (approximately 75 stairs) which are 40 feet high and up to 140 feet diameter. The individual must also be able to open and close large valves on 16' product receiving and delivering pipelines quickly. Opening and closing these large valves involves twisting and pulling motion and sometimes considerable physical exertion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Cont’d)
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and offices. may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass pre-employment medical.
- Must pass Drug testing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English proficiently.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors, must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass driver’s test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver’s license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).
- Must pass FBI background check and obtain US Customs seal.