MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
1/17/20 12:08 PM
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
This role works within the Performance Enablement team to provide complex software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, as well as support of key departmental initiatives which drive business functions. This role receives general instructions on new projects and works autonomously to complete deliverables.
The position will develop new capabilities leveraging Atlassian Jira and will administratively support Atlassian toolset environments.
What You Get To Do:
- Gains a thorough understanding of functional requirements for new software requests
- Works with Business Systems Analysts to understand and clarify software requirements and translate into working software
- Designs, develops and performs testing of software to meet functional requirements
- Practices good software engineering techniques and standards to reduce coding errors and ensures robustness and efficiency of work products
- Partners with software team in the development of the software engineering processes
- Works to identify and resolves technical or product problems
- Participates in software project meetings and provides status reports
- Translates technical designs into working software
- Maintains existing applications by enhancing software and troubleshooting issues
- Collaborates with team members and partners with others as needed to ensure successful completion of assigned software development tasks
- Participates in code reviews and incorporates recommendations
- Applies software engineering and Object Oriented Design principles in creating UML diagrams and technical design documents for software components
- Partners with team members and technical project lead to ensure component design fits in with the overall solution
- Adopts new techniques and technologies
- Initiates attendance at job related training to keep skills current; maintains current understanding of the industry’s best practices
- Assists with mentoring and training of less experienced IT staff members
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and five (5) to eight (8) plus years’ related experience in the essential job functions listed. Prior PBM or healthcare experience is helpful but not required.
- This position requires three (3) plus years of experience in managing & administering Atlassian Jira environment
- Advanced level experience with ScriptRunner (Jira plugin) and proficiency in developing and managing custom Groovy scripts for desired Jira functionality
- Experience with implementing Jira ServiceDesk
- Experience with eazyBI (Jira Plugin) and its MDX query language
- Experience with Jira Plugins like Worklog Pro, Power Database Fields Pro, Epic Sum up, etc
- Proficiency in configuring & customizing Jira issue types, fields, workflows, screens and their associated schemes
- Proficient with Jira automation, conditions, validators, listeners and post functions
- Skilled in implementing best practices for creating and managing Jira Users, Groups and workflows
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence & Bitbucket
- Exposure to Jama and/or Tasktop
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on project teams and/or matrix-managed teams
- Ability to appropriately schedule and prioritize multiple projects to ensure timely and effective delivery of IT solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with emphasis on translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Results oriented and ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with PBM business model (plans, programs, and practices) as well as pharmaceutical practices (nomenclature, medications) helpful
Travel - This position may require domestic travel as well as attendance at various local conferences and meetings.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.