MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Pricing Analyst I
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
11/26/19 1:41 PM
Business and Pricing Analyst I
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Business and Pricing Analyst I provides detailed, timely and accurate prescription claims and business data analysis and pricing information to assist departments in business-decision making, risk management and to obtain and maintain clients. Ensures activities are aligned with corporate strategies and focused on the company’s bottom-line performance.
What You Get To Do: Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as requested by business owners, or in support of identified business objectives, with special focus on pharmacy network set-up and performance, including network administration fee revenue (NAF)
- Supports pharmacy recalculation process, which audits to determine if claims have been priced accurately, through research and analysis while developing appropriate documentation and performing root cause analysis with focus on minimizing company exposure while meeting turnaround timeframe deadlines
- Proactively identifies opportunities to use analysis and reporting tools to: achieves company business objectives, supports business information needs to promote improved decision-making and enhance staff efficiency
- Ensures that analytics are complete and accurate to defined specifications. Provides support to Analytics and Underwriting management as needed
- Interprets and analyzes data outputs to explain possible anomalies that exist with in the data to management and external clients
- Effectively uses the current adjudication software platform (MedAccess) to QC work and investigate non-optimal outcomes
- Supports activities such as identifying opportunities to increase NAF yields and adhering to minimum pricing guidelines in the revenue estimate process that optimize client revenue and maintain acceptable margins
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with one (1) to three (3) or more years’ directly related experience required.
Basic programming skills (SQL or other); familiarity with relational databases desired; proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Manages multiple priorities with minimal supervision; basic understanding of concept of financial risk. High level technical skills and thorough understanding of business analysis. Familiarity with relational databases. Experience analyzing medical and/or pharmacy claims including prior PBM experience are highly desired. Broad knowledge of financial, statistical and health analytic principles required.
Travel – This position may require occasional travel and attendance at local conferences and meetings.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.