MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Analyst I
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
10/25/18 12:11 PM
Business Intelligence Analyst I
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst I is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of the underlying data and proper business uses to translate data and information into a format that aids the Configuration Services team in drawing insight from that data. This role will be responsible for the gathering and analysis of key business performance metrics on behalf of Configuration Services and leading the efforts to mine actionable and relevant data to further enhance the department’s ability to accurately configure and manage projects and tasks. This role will also collaborate with the teams that deliver the configuration, testing, validation, quality assurance, business analytics, reporting and audit and performance guarantees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Writes complex, highly-optimized queries. visualizations, algorithms, and reports across large volumes of data to create detailed and accurate outputs with understanding of statistics
- Identifies analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Performs ad hoc analysis as requested by business owners, or in support of identified business objectives, with special focus on ensuring the highest levels of service, quality and operational efficiencies are achieved
- Defines methodology and analytic approach as required for each specific request
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases and data systems
- Reports and measures all departmental KPI’s in order to report operational productivity and determine staffing requirements, reduce rework, and prevent performance guarantee payouts
- Establishes relational database models and schema, and automates reporting
- Modifies, maintains, publishes, enhances, and supports custom reports (MS SQL, Excel, Access, etc.) for both ad-hoc and ongoing needs
- Ability to interpret data and analyze results. Understands data standards and identifies data abnormalities. Instills data quality in all outputs that are delivered
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality
- Creates and maintains technical documentation for various systems, services and business processes including databases and reporting procedures
- Writes and maintains detailed documentation of including specifications, expected outcomes, validation methodology/processes, test results, recommendations, version control, and configuration design
- Assists with the review, consolidation and reduction of data discrepancies
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities
- Trains users in the operations and scheduling of reports
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in IT, economics, math, statistics, science or other related fields in quantitative or analytical discipline and one (1) to three (3) years job related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Direct experience should include technical experience in the support and maintenance regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques. Experience with pharmacy claims data, insurance data, managed health care industry or PBM operations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard business applications, Microsoft Office Suite (MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint), Golden 32 or TOAD and Salesforce
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Pivot tables, pivot charts, conditional formatting, VLOOKUP, nested formulas); VBA macro experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL (complex joins, nested subqueries, aggregation, partitions, functions, pivots and unions)
- Solid understanding of databases, their architectures and database constraints
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- MYSQL Certification or demonstrated knowledge
- Oracle Certified Professional is a plus
- SAS Certified Base Programmer a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of statistical modeling, techniques and practices
Expert level ability to analyze data for trends and support findings through thorough documentation
Executes and delivers within the confines and timeframes provided by regulatory agencies
Ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively
Well-developed facilitation and collaboration skills
Experience and understanding of how to accomplish deliverables in a matrixed environment
This position may require domestic travel up to 15%; attendance may be required at various local conferences and meetings.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.