|Please reach firstname.lastname@example.org to apply|
Must have Flexera experience and Admin Studio.
IT Software Application Packager
|Department(s)||Desktop Engineering / Desktop Certification Center|
|Desktop Engineering & Desktop Services Manager|
2-3 years application packaging; 3-5 years overall IT experience preferred
The Application Packager (Packager) will be part of a packaging team to support application packaging for a Windows 7 and Windows 10 deployment. Packager will produce functional high level best practice standard and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise production level. Apply specific desired settings using a variety of industry accepted tools with frequent low level custom scripting. The packaging team is tasked to complete packages in a timely manner and responsible for COTS and in house type applications using AdminStudio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 7 /10 before hand off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, Microsoft ACT package shimming and Viewfinity permission management are in scope.
Summary of essential job functions
Perform enterprise application discovery with experienced developers and inexperienced requestors to obtain requirements, settings and preferences. Deliver estimated package completion dates with regular activity, status and progress reporting for electronic delivery.
Prepare, build, update and maintain a repeatable clean initial virtual machine base work environment from which to launch and initiate packaging builds. Automate the work environment to include the configuration of tools with necessary merge modules and additional specific company global settings.
Create a high volume of conflict free, validated, advertised, rollback enabled, just in time, error free restorable packages certified for delivery through the system configuration management server.
Skills Required or Desired
· Must have prior experience with using AdminStudio for packaging.
· Must have prior experience with using Flexera Management suite.
· Must have packaged applications for Windows 7 OS platform with Windows 10 preferred.
· Must understand and have used: CScript, WScript, VBScript, and PowerShell.
· Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is required.
· Knowledge in permission elevation is desirable, but not required.
· Knowledge in shimming is desirable, but not required.
· Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow.
· Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards.
· Knowledge and understanding of software deployment Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) with SCCM 2012 preferred.
· Knowledge of desktop deployments for Windows platforms MDOP & MDT
· Knowledge of VMWare.
· Must have demonstrated ability to work on-site in a secure customer environment
· Must have political awareness and sensitivity in customer situations.
· Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
· Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
· Must be able to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to work after hours and some weekends.
|Skills||Flexera Experience & Admin Studio|