Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Weatherization Specialist II
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Health Services & Healthy Homes|
|Location:||Weatherization - National City, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under supervision, will perform weatherization duties on residences of eligible recipients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Prepare job sites implementing lead safe practices protocol
- Cleanup job sites using proper disposal methods
- Operate power vacuum tools and other specialize equipment
- Remove lead base paint with hepa power scrappers and hepa vacuum tools
- Remove and install windows sill and sleeve protectors
- Perform removal, enclosure and encapsulation work
- Have knowledge of low dust generating hazard control methods
- Install doors
- Install weather-stripping
- Perform entrance door modifications
- Prepare attics for installing turbine vents and insulation
- Perform glass/window work
- Apply glaze, caulk, silicone
- Install water saving devices
- Install carbon monoxide alarms
- Install switch/outlet gaskets
- Perform pipe wrap work
- Other related program duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge of the 4 methods of lead abatement
- Must be certified as a Lead Worker
- Ability to read work orders, perform mathematical calculations in relation to job duties
- Must be able to identify construction materials from written and verbal instructions
- Ability to document completed work orders ( including costs for parts and labor)
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 100 pounds
- Physically able to perform repetitive bending, stooping and reaching
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, dependable, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a highly stressful environment must be flexible and willing to assume additional duties as circumstances change.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective and cooperative relations with all staff, public and vendors
- Education, training or experience that will ensure the successful completion of core duties of this position.
- High School diploma, GED, or life experience equivalency
- Three to five years related lead abatement work experience
Must have a physical examination, TB and vaccination clearance as required by state and federal regulations and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic designated by MAAC prior to the first day of employment.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.