Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-Teacher II - Floater EHS
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Westlake - San Marcos, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under direct supervision, you will provide care for infants and toddlers in the assigned group(s) and assist in planning, supervising and implementing the education program within the classroom in accordance with policies, procedures, and philosophy of MAAC Project Early Head Start. Early Head Start is a federally funded program for eligible and special needs children 0 – 3 years and pregnant women
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Assist in providing respectful, responsive individualized care for assigned infants and toddlers including feeding, diapering and holding.
- Assist in planning and implementing age appropriate individual and small group activities including both daily indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assist in maintaining classroom and outside play area to assure cleanliness and safety. Set up and clean-up of indoor and outdoor play spaces. Sanitizing of toys, and classroom equipment, including eating, diapering and napping area and laundry as needed.
- Assist with preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Assist with accurate documenting of care and developmental activities on daily individual records for each child.
- Perform accurate numerical counts such as attendance, meal counts and documenting care routines of children.
- Lift, carry, and hold children, weighing up to 50lbs.
- Assist with home visits at times convenient to parents.
- Assist with the development of Individual Child Plans and Family Development Plans for each child and family at Phase-In, and updating at least 3 times in the school year.
- Develop and maintain an open friendly and informative relationship with parents, and volunteers.
- Attend mandated training, programs, conferences and meetings.
- Assist with personalized services for special needs children. (Specialized training and equipment provided as needed.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Twelve (12) units in ECE (Core units required) in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field, and three (3) units in infant/toddler coursework.
- One (1) year experience with children 0-3 years old in a child care setting
- Must have and maintain a State of California Associate Level Permit or a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- Valid CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers certifications must be obtained within first two months (2) of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training available through MAAC). In the event employees do not attend the scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The certifications must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
- Knowledge of early childhood education, child development, anti-bias education
- Knowledge of local educational and community resources and their ability to be used in the classroom
- Knowledge of bilingual language acquisition
- Knowledge of Head Start and Early Head Start philosophy, principles, and comprehensive services preferred.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing preferred.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.