Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Cook - House of Blues, San Diego
at Live Nation
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Preparation of food items for service in a high volume restaurant
What You'll Do:
- Organize and prioritize preparation of food items
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes
- Ensure proper size and weight of food portions
- Coordinate food preparation with other kitchen staff
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift
- Follow standard recipes regarding presentation of food items
- Prepare plate presentation pursuant to standard recipes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and walk-in cooler
- Ensure that kitchen area, including grill, oven, stoves, etc. remain clean and free of hazards during shift
- Keep floor clean and free of food items, trash, or other obstacles
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Prepare kitchen equipment and set up station for shift
- Ensure proper rotation of all food items, including the lifting/moving of food bins weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Perform all opening and closing duties
- Sanitation and Safety compliance
- Attitude and teamwork
- Adherence to all House of Blues policies
- Assist other Kitchen as needed
- Opening and Closing duties
- Job Skills/Knowledge/Productivity
What You'll Need:
- San Diego County Food Handlers Certification
- Knowledge of high volume kitchen operations
- Ability to inspect food spoilage and proper rotation
- Kitchen sanitation
- Prep work
- Expediting knowledge
- Skills in use of all kitchen equipment
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Ability to maintain the pace of a high volume kitchen
- Proper sanitation knowledge
- Kitchen and restaurant operations
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Extreme Heat
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 lbs.
- Competitive compensation and bonus plans
- Professional career development
- Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.