Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Technician III
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- Terrace View Villas
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a Service Technician:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Service Technician, you will perform general and specialized maintenance and repairs in a multifamily residential community and operate building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards. Your role may include “Lead” responsibilities which, on occasion includes supervising or training other maintenance staff members. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs most maintenance installation repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems and appliances or all repairs on specific systems, including, plumbing, HVAC, structural and electrical.
- Tests and/or troubleshoots a variety of items dependent on specific trade expertise (e.g., thermocouples, motors, boiler controls, fire alarms, plumbing valves, fixtures, water lines, alarms, locks, new and renovated construction) for the purpose of assessing item functioning and recommending repair or replacement.
- Applies proficient skills in all trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
- Completes resident-requested repairs and services within the required time frame (24 hours).
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
- Participates in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, etc.
- Trains or guides other maintenance team members in performing skilled tasks for the purpose of providing support to workers developing their knowledge of specific skills with trade.
- On occasion, may lead or supervise other maintenance team members in the absence of management.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training and work-related events.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
What You Need for Success:
- 5 or more years’ related maintenance experience preferred.
- Intermediate level understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
- Certifications preferred HVAC and EPA.
- Some supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Expert skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
- Extensive knowledge of appliances.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.