Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Property Manager
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- SDFH GMO - Admin
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
Operational / Administrative:
- Manages the budget and achievement of operational, financial and occupancy goals for a portfolio.
- Conducts property visits regularly to provide District management team with recommendations and observations to improve the property, marketing and leasing.
- Oversees Capital Expenditure projects for the portfolio (i.e. approvals, letters, tracking, scheduling, and inspections).
- Makes strategic changes to improve property operations, decrease expenses and ensure quality of service standards are being followed.
- Works in conjunction with Asset Management team to create and evaluate property budgets and performance goals, evaluate capital needs and planning capital projects.
- Prepares annual and monthly budgets for income and operational costs, prepare monthly reporting packages, develop plan and budgets for needed capital improvements and property repairs and maintenance.
- Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, Dayforce, etc.).
- Communicate with Senior Regional Management weekly regarding portfolio performance with respect to occupancy, expense controls, capital improvements, performance of team, staffing and general operational matters.
- Administer and approve payroll for each portfolio property (overtime, normal pay, exceptions, bonuses, etc.).
- Prepare, review and approve all required reports including occupancy, collections and bonus reports.
- Monitor each property audit to ensure desired level of performance and compliance is attained and ensure compliance stays at the forefront of the district management team’s priorities.Prepare all relative reports and ensure on-going compliance enforcement through evaluation of property files to determine that the residents meet the communities’ screening criteria, adhere to OSHA regulations, that all paperwork and ID’s are contained in the resident file,
- Coordinates/ Participates and ensures that District Meetings and other relevant meetings/events are occurring as needed.
- Vendor bidding and review of vendor contracts
- Managing compliance reviews and physical inspections.
- Work with district management staff to ensure proper response, reporting and handling of all portfolio emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. are within LMH’s standard operating procedures to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Assuring that the policies and procedures of the company are carried out by District management staff and that all staff members comply with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Include/involve senior regional management, military partners or base command (when applicable) regarding urgent or emergency issues pertaining to the community or residents.
- Assisting with legal issues including small claims cases and eviction.
- Participates in the screening and approval of hiring onsite personnel including office and maintenance staff and any related contract employees to assist in essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to District management staff and site team. Evaluate the efficiency of staff and ensure that on-going training, coaching, counseling, and supportive leadership is provided.
- Interviewing and hiring approval of property staff.
- Ensure action plans are administered on a timely basis related to employee performance issues.
- Manage performance and discuss concerns regularly of all direct reports and team members, including conducting and approving of annual performance appraisals.
- Document and communicate employee situations/concerns with regional management and take appropriate action as needed.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled effectively and in a timely matter (i.e., performance evaluations, performance action plans, bonus plans, time sheets, etc.).
- Ensure all employees comply with company policies and procedures, and complete required training (i.e. on-line, instructor-lead, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Ensure all work practices of team are in compliance with all OSHA safety regulations, federal, state and local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, Fair Housing and LMH’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in property management, including supervisory responsibilities, multi-site or regional property management role prefeferred.
- Must have proven success demonstrating leadership, staff development, customer service, problem-solving, decision-making, mult-tasking, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to encourage a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Fair Housing certification – must obtain Fair Housing certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Experience with and full understanding of budgets and financial operations.
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, subordinates, vendors or residents, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Possesses a positive and professional demeanor in all business interactions, under all circumstances.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
Regional Property Management experience preferred.