Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Marketing Director (B2B Technology)
LEWIS is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we are committed to being a group that thinks differently. We understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all of our people, whether a digital specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the overall communications ecosystem, and how LEWIS can support clients in achieving their business and communications goals. Our people are agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborative with colleagues across disciplines and offices to deliver amazing work; We are lifelong learners and fearless in challenging the norm; We are spirited and committed in developing ourselves, our teams, and the agency. We value a vibrant and dynamic environment.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Marketing Director is a senior strategic client-facing position providing leadership to a team of specialists, senior specialists, and account managers. This person will work with senior leadership to ensure that account teams deliver creative and forward-thinking client services. They are responsible for meeting client expectations and SLAs, and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity across the account. In addition, they are responsible for developing that relationship by identifying opportunities to exceed expectations and sell in additional services, thereby impacting revenues and income for LEWIS and innovation for our clients.
This individual will be based in San Diego or San Francisco, working with teams in the US and global LEWIS network. Some travel in the US region may be necessary in the future.
You live, breathe and appreciate B2B tech marketing. You could talk about the cloud, SD-WAN, 5G, networking, etc for hours (and have). You know how the funnel works, marketing’s impact on it, but also how it differs from the consumer buyers’ journey. However, you have some experience working on national B2C brands – focusing on using paid digital media to drive in-store and online sale. You appreciate organic social and understand how to create and manage social calendars. You aren’t afraid of a challenge and see the rewards that come with staring one down. You are innately curious, energetic, and find great satisfaction in identifying the right questions that will lead to insightful recommendations. Your approach is collaborative and open-minded. While not being responsible for PR, you understand how it fits into the overall marketing and communication mix to drive impact. Your background enables you to see the full potential of integrated marketing campaigns to drive our clients’ business. Detail-oriented and technically sound, you are firmly committed to quality assurance in all outputs. You listen to stakeholders and hear what they need and why they need it, versus focusing simply on the ask. You love data because you know that is where the keys to the castle are hidden to drive results for our clients.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Engages in and ensures a strategic relationship with clients, providing insight and partnership across all aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum with an acute focus on paid and organic social media
· Responsible for ensuring excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements / contracts
· Delivers an added-value consultancy and works closely with clients to deliver comprehensive campaigns across social channels
· Assists with the new business process in collaboration with the regional Managing Director(s), Vice
President(s) and New Business Team, making key decisions and playing a crucial role in selling LEWIS credentials throughout the process
· Will review SOWs with a critical eye and recommend changes that are good for the agency and the client. Develops net new SOWs based on clients’ needs.
Paid and Organic Marketing
· Supports and understands client business goals and primary KPIs, proving ability to track ROI or added value across all digital campaigns – paid social, organic social, display, native, programmatic, video, radio, etc.
· Works with internal team to deliver and implement thoughtful social media strategies and tactics
· Collaborates across the company (Digital, Creative, Web, Analytics, PR) to increase the utilization and selling of LEWIS’ services
· Plan, staff/implement, and maintain social media campaigns and projects for LEWIS clients
· Partner with key creative and content team members – along with account teams – to develop compelling and impactful content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
· Measure client growth and impact across the full spectrum of social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
· Use social listening tools such as Meltwater to generate insight, fuel social conversation and inform campaign recommendations
· Support internal training efforts for broader team and junior staffers to help grow LEWIS’ integrated marketing offering
· Oversee all paid ad campaigns for best practices, timely delivery, optimize based on insights, ensure KPIs are being met (signups, downloads, form fills and sales)
· Ensure consistency across paid, organic, copy and creative for large, integrated accounts
· Stays up to date on best practices and current trends / tools
Team Working and Development
· Strong project management skills with ability to “roll up sleeves” and execute when needed
· Supports leadership with responsibility for their direct account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and reviews of direct reports
· Sets strategic team objectives on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Defines client objectives and sets standards of excellence for all client activity, driving commitment across all levels of the team
· Monitors team activity levels against budget, increasing fees and negotiating with clients and suppliers where necessary
· Plays a leading role in the new business process as an active member on pitch teams, delivering credible solutions to new business challenges
· Acts as leader in guiding colleagues on how to best manage campaigns and projects
· Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
Reporting and analysis
· Ensures profitability on all accounts and effectively manages budgets
· Understands and maximizes the impact of client revenues on the business
· Communicates account performance internally and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analysis
· Monitor and report back on account KPIs and ensure accurate reporting by junior team members
· Provide detailed reports to the senior leadership team on request
· Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximizing opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
· Take a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
· Support the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
· Overall, be a guardian of best marketing practice
More about you
· A strong leader with the skills and aptitude to develop and motivate a team
· 5-7 years of client-facing digital marketing experience – including paid and organic social, display, search, programmatic; Agency experience strongly preferred
· 2-3 years of direct management experience
· Experience working with high tech B2B companies a must
· Experience running campaigns on Amazon, Walmart and/or Roundel preferred
· Strong strategic client consultancy skills
· Well versed in social media as an important awareness and lead generating element in the marketing mix
· Experience running both paid and organic social campaigns
· Some SEO/SEM strategy experience is desired, but not essential
· A track record of retention and the profitable growth of existing accounts
· Able to provide digital/social perspective and input on PR campaigns as well as broader marketing strategy
· Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
· Creative thinker with an open-minded approach, but can prove it with data
Remuneration and benefits
· Basic salary dependent on experience
· 20 days’ vacation per year
· Health insurance; life insurance
· 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.