Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fundraising Campaign Assistant-TEMP SOY
at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Sales/Business Development
- FLSA Status
- Temporary Employee
Performs diverse projects and activities for the chapter to support and enhance revenue generation in support of LLS’ mission.
Reports to: Director of Campaign Excellence or other assigned staff
This is a temporary position staffed by TargetCW. The assignment will not exceed June 30, 2019.
Additional Position Information
- Implements organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Works with all candidates on an individualized fundraising plan development and implementation targeting candidate resources. (Strategies may include letter appeals, online fundraising pages, auction item solicitation and 3rd party events.)
- Offers superior customer service to candidates, candidate teams and candidate parents, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Manages and ensures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of SOY; including, but not limited to recruitment packets, invitations, posters, candidate fundraising materials, motivational materials, etc.; as well as website
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates professional maturity and judgment.
- Ability to work with different leadership styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- May be required to work some evenings or weekends.