Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
THE LOS ANGELES HOSPITALITY EDUCATION CENTER
The Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center (LAHEC) is located at the Hollywood Park Entertainment District, currently under construction in Inglewood, CA. This district is a 298-acre urban village anchored by the region’s newest shopping street, restaurants, and multiple major sports and entertainment venues. The village will include two million square feet of Class A commercial space, 2,500 modern residences, a 70,000 seat National Football League (NFL) stadium, 6,000 seat performing arts venue, and 25 acres of public parks.
Our programs are designed to provide market-driven, competency-based education delivered by faculty with appropriate credentials and industry experience. The programs enable graduates to gain entry-level hospitality employment at living wages with opportunities for advancement in the food service industry.
We take great pride in preparing our graduates for a variety of careers in the food service industry. This preparation is accomplished through practical experiences in state-of-industry kitchens and learning labs including simulated situations with real-world production applications.
Lead faculty in the education of students using skills, knowledge and abilities. Collaborate with the faculty with the continual development of course curricula and lesson plans. Monitors and develops the delivery and measurement of instructional outcomes through using lecture, explanation, demonstration and execution. Be a positive role model for students and faculty by focusing on innovated methods of teaching and providing the most complete instruction and training while adhering to all published school policies.
- Responsible for continual development the designed curricula consistent with the policies of the Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center.
- Monitors and measures classroom activities to continually achieve improved student leaning outcomes.
- Monitors and audits all attendance and grading records for completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
- Utilize the school’s academic software to communicate with students and staff.
- Work directly with faculty and COO/CAO.
- Works closely with the Directors of Admissions, Career Services and Facilities,
- Leads the procurement, requisition and issuing process. Provides needed supplies for all classroom activities on time and on budget.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and demonstrates excellent relations with students, staff and faculty.
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment.
- Organizes and leads all faculty meetings. Records meeting minutes
- Organizes and leads an industry advisory committee.
- Ensures compliance with BPPE-CA education codes and regulations. Participates with BPPE-CA annual reviews and site visits.
- Participates with planning and execution of all student recruitment and retention activities.
- Teach classes as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a graduate of a Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management program. An earned Associate Degree from a recognized educational institution in the field of study the faculty member is proposed to teach is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience as an Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Director, or Foodservice Manager.
- 3-5 years’ teaching and/or education administration experience preferred.
- American Culinary Federation CEC, CCE and/or CMC certification preferred.
- Valid TIPS credential.
- Valid ServSafe Manager credential.
- Computer literate with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using foodservice technology including perpetual inventory management applications, point of sales systems and nutritional calculators.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; sit; use hand and fingers; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, with the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to use cutlery and hot and cold kitchen equipment specific to the foodservice industry.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.