Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Role:A Cook is responsible for the food preparation, execution, and delivery of safely handled food to the customer facing employees for service.
Company Overview: Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
• Must maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor at all times.
• Report for scheduled event on time and report to assigned area in a timely manner.
• Fulfill the assigned opening and closing duties.
• Report to direct supervisor for prep lists and time lines of the days tasks
• Carry out assigned tasked in a timely and safe fashion using correct recipes.
• Constant maintenance of walk-in coolers, reach-ins, dry storage and all work areas.
• Must have extensive knowledge of all menus being offered including specials.
• Communicate with Supervisors, Attendants, Runners, Chefs and Legends Management.
• Work as a team with fellow associates and other service departments within venue.
• Attention to detail that will exceed expectations.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and orderly setting within the kitchen.
• Complete closing duties and checkout with manager/supervisor.
• Must know the “layout” of the kitchen and back of the house area where you are working, (i.e. - know where the closest First Aid office, bathroom and staircase are), and be able to direct staff and guests to their designation.
• Must be aware of other food and beverage outlets within the venue.
• May be re-assigned to a different location in certain situations based on the venue’s needs. Other duties and assignments may apply.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet service demand levels, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent; degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
• Must have two (2) to four (4) years working in a fast paced restaurant, caterer or other relevant food service area.
• Must be proactive, self-motivated, organized and the ability to prioritize as needed.
• Must be clean and constantly aware of sanitation procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change quickly.
• Must be Punctual and dependable.
• Must be able to read and retain information (i.e. recipes, prep lists, menus, and signage).
• Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
• Must be able to speak and read Basic English.
• Must be able to work well with others in a stressful environment.
• Able to move quickly and act on assigned duties.
• Must maintain personal hygiene and a well groomed appearance.
• Ability to walk long distances and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand, kneel, lift (at least 30 pounds), carry items, push carts, walk at a fast pace, and bend down.
• Faced paced, professional kitchen in close quarters to fellow workers.
Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.