LEGACY Supply Chain Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Local Delivery Driver - Class C
at LEGACY Supply Chain Services
Legacy Supply Chain Services, a national 3rd party distribution company supporting Walters Wholesale Electric, is currently seeking local delivery drivers for our Scripps Ranch-San Diego, CA location.
Drivers will be responsible for safely loading, securing, transporting, unloading and driving a company vehicle while delivering product to end user. Legacy Supply Chain Services provides excellent compensation package that includes medical/dental, paid holidays, paid time off and matching 401k.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads and unloads product from truck in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
- Assists customer(s) during the loading / unloading process when applicable.
- Operates materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the loading dock area and company vehicles.
- Counts and/or verifies freight for accuracy prior to and during loading process. Counts and verifies purchase order numbers and product during will call process.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area. (Company trucks and paperwork area).
- Abides by all OSHA rules, DOT regulations and Legacy SCS safety practices.
- Drivers log sheets, route sheets and all other applicable paperwork to be legible, accurate and turned in daily.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Report)
- Two (2) years of local delivery experience
- Experience in driving 16’ & 24’ Stakebed/Bobtail/Box/Flatbed trucks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb in and out of cab of truck and lift gates off and replace back on as well as accommodating customer’s requests as to where material is to be delivered. (Ex: 3rd floor, back of warehouse, loading dock, etc.). The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms, shoulders and legs and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical operating forklifts, liftgates, other vehicles (trucks, cars) and any other vehicle/tool/machine associated with “in the field” or “on the job” deliveries. The employee is exposed to some of the busiest roads/highways in the country so safety is the highest of priorities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and under 85 decibels. A large percentage of work time is spent outdoor where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally) and noise level can be moderate to high.
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V