LB&B Associates Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LCS JOOD Instructor / Operator
at LB&B Associates Inc.
- 26-Nov-2019 to 31-Mar-2020 (EST)
- Division 28 - NSST
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
LB&B Associates Inc. is currently accepting applications for an (LCS) Instructor/Operator to support the US Navy Littoral Combat Ship Junior Officer of the Deck training located at Naval Base San Diego, CA.
LCS JOOD/OOD Instructor/Operator Position responsibilities:
- Provides Classroom and Laboratory Instruction per Surface Warfare Officer School provided curriculum.
- Operates the LCS Simulators and other Computer Based Training Systems in support of the JOOD/OOD curriculums.
- Conducts practical exercises and administers exams.
- Provides post exercise debriefs.
- Maintains all course records per directives.
Position will train the prospective JOOD and OODs on the requisite mariner skill set and tactical awareness within the maritime environment required to proficiently and safely manage Seamanship and Ship-Handling skills. To achieve this goal, training delivery includes a combination of classroom instruction, computer-based training, simulation, and live evolutions - in-port and where appropriate at sea. It is conducted in individual and team environments and focuses on qualification and proficiency. Students are provided the tools necessary to guide the vessel through navigational situations, with a particular focus on the fundamentals of seamanship, safety, and a thorough understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the ship class.
Minimum Requirements for the LCS JOOD/OOD Instructor are:
- Former qualified Navy Surface Warfare Officer OR USCG license as Civilian Mariner, Any Gross Tons, Oceans OR USCG license as Master, 1600 Gross Tons, Oceans/Near Coastal; AND
- At least 3 years of experience as officer in charge of the navigation watch aboard high speed craft, or high speed ferry, or high speed vessel, at sea service; AND
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge and understanding of NSS subject areas outlined in this section, NSS TRD, current version of the Surface Ship Navigation Department Organization and Regulations Manual (NAVDORM), standard Navy conning commands, maritime education and training best practices, high speed craft operations and ship-handling, and U.S. Navy LCS particulars and maneuvering characteristics for both LCS hull types.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a Secret Clearance.
- Must be very computer literate, capable of operating high speed computer based training systems, and operating the LCS Bridge Simulator after training is provided
- Former Instructor Training and or Experience preferred.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity.