Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of crews on the maintenance of grounds for industrial, commercial, or public properties and other installation/enhancement activities by performing the following duties personally or through crew members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable. Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; escalates complaints or issues to management.
* Drives crew to, from and between worksites where needed.
* Assigns daily tasks to crew.
* Ensures crews compliance with quality and safety standards.
* Trains and evaluates the effectiveness of crew members.
* Monitors proper use of required personal protective equipment on crew.
* Ensures proper use, care and inventory of company vehicles, equipment and tools assigned to/used by assigned crew.
* Communicates crew performance concerns to management with recommendations for corrective action.
* Monitors irrigation systems on properties to ensure adequate, efficient irrigation on site.
* Communicates damage or improvement needs to manager.
* Completes daily paperwork, including time sheets, timely and accurately.
* Facilitates conflict resolution between crew members.
* Works around and operates hand tools and mechanical machinery used for landscape maintenance.
* Cuts lawns.
* Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
* Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
* Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
* Rakes and bags leaves.
* Cleans grounds and removes litter.
* Prepares and grades terrain.
* Seeds and sods lawns.
* Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties.
* Digs trenches for irrigation systems or piping and supports irrigation technician or manager in the installation of the irrigation systems.
* Removes tree brush after tree trimmer’s prune, cut and shape trees.
* Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
* Waters lawn and shrubs.
* Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
* Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
* Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower, spreader, and snow removal equipment.
* Depending on geographic seasonality, may be required to shovel snow from walks and driveways and spread salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
* Trims and removes trees from client properties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.