Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Surveyor in Training (San Diego, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for an entry-level Land Surveyor to join our team in San Diego, CA.
As a Land Surveyor in Training, you will perform a variety of surveying and engineering tasks, supporting various project managers and collaborating with team members. You will receive both on-the-job and formal training as well as mentorship, camaraderie, and exposure to plan production, project financials, and client interactions.
Perform medium-scale field surveys for ALTA, engineering design topo and boundary purposes acting in the capacity of the party chief
Prepare field notes and sketches, pre-calc and download field data and process conventional and GPS data using Star*Net software.
Research boundary and easement title documents and perform boundary analysis.
Use AutoCAD Civil 3D software to produce detailed subdivision maps, ALTA survey, topographic surveys and other various survey related maps or exhibits.
Prepare legal descriptions and exhibits for right of way, easements, acquisition parcels, etc.
- Have a BS or MS degree from an ABET accredited university in the field of surveying or engineering field.
- Strong communication, leadership and technical skills
- Must possess or be working towards obtaining the Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) certification.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or other design software.
- Previous internship experience with a surveying or civil engineering design firm