Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager/Practice Builder, Water Resources (San Diego, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
We have a rewarding opportunity for a motivated Practice Builder/Project Manager to lead our Water Resources Team in Southern CA. Position can be based in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego or Orange CA. This individual will support the offices within California on a wide range of projects while pursuing opportunities for Water Resources projects throughout Southern CA. Likely project areas will include drainage on various engineering projects (i.e. land development, roadway, and aviation), while leading tasks utilizing AutoCAD, GIS, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater planning, storm drain and BMP design.
- Prepare studies, drainage reports, WQMP, design documents, and design plans and specifications for civil and water resources projects
- Lead business development activities including marketing, client engagement, developing scopes of work, and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related
- Registered P.E.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the civil and water resources engineering field
- Expert experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling (H&H), stormwater planning, storm drain and BMP design
- Strong technical writing skills, including drainage studies, CLOMR/LOMR, and Master Plan
- Knowledge of AES, WMS, SWMM, FLO-2D, WSPGW, StormCAD, and HEC-RAS is a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, including pipe networks and SSA.
- Business development experience including client engagement, participating in interviews, marketing, developing scopes of work, and budgeting.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.